There are so many uses for our premium quality, food and medical grade Sodium Bicarbonate! From detoxing the body to cleaning the kitchen, our Sodium Bicarb is a must-have addition to your daily routine.
Sodium Bicarb can:
• Detoxify the body Although most people know of its ability to clean kitchens and bathrooms, many are unaware of its ability to clean the body. By making the body more alkaline, sodium bicarbonate helps remove heavy metals and other harmful chemicals from the blood. When combined with lemon juice, sodium bicarbonate can be a powerful means to detoxify the body.
• Decrease Fatigue and Improve Performance Many athletes add sodium bicarbonate to their exercise regimen, as it helps mitigate the amount of lactic acid in the body by balancing the body’s pH. Because of its high pH content, it can help keep fatigue at bay, keeping you at your peak longer when exercising.
• Treat Heartburn Acid reflux (also known as Heartburn), is a painful ailment that can be caused by stress, overeating, and by consuming especially greasy or spicy foods. Acid refluxes out of the stomach and up the esophageal tract, causing a burning sensation. Because of its ability to neutralise acids, sodium bicarbonate can relieve the symptoms of Heartburn, providing quick relief.
• Eliminate body odours The bacteria that causes body odour can be neutralised with the use of sodium bicarbonate. This bacteria thrives in an acidic environment. By making the area more alkaline, you can eliminate the smell.
• Whiten teeth and improve breath No doubt you’ve seen toothpaste and mouthwash containing baking soda. Perhaps you even use them. The sodium bicarbonate helps whiten your teeth and improve bad breath by increasing salivary pH and inhibiting bacterial growth.
• Soothe skin Insect bites, sunburned, and itchy skin can be soothed by adding sodium bicarbonate to lukewarm water to create a baking soda bath. You can also create a paste with a bit of water and apply it to the affected area to soothe the skin.
• Slow the progression of Chronic Kidney Disease People with chronic kidney disease can benefit from the use of sodium bicarbonate, as it has been shown to slow the degeneration of kidney function.
• Improve the effects of certain Cancer treatments That’s right – studies show that sodium bicarbonate helps to slow (and even stop) cancer cell growth. This is because sodium bicarbonate balances the pH of the body, and cancer tumours thrive in acidic environments. Therefore, used in conjunction with chemotherapy, research has shown that by making the body less acidic, sodium bicarbonate makes it easier for chemo to do its job.
• Act as a general household cleaner When combined with a small amount of water to make a paste, you can rid yourself of several common types of stains from coffee cups to grease stains. You can even use it to polish tarnished silver. Combined with vinegar, you can remove stubborn carpet stains
Support local - we are an independent small UK business not on the High Street selling products made in England.